- “Movies and Stories from Pop-up Plays: Lanesboro Folks and WW 2” Wednesday, March 15, 2 p.m., Kenilworth Commons, 607 Kenilworth Ave. South, Lanesboro. Free and open to the public. Whether you missed the History Alive 2021 show, “WW 2 and Beyond,” or just want to see it again, come see video scenes of Lanesboro and WW II. Fascinating background stories from our writer and director, Jane Peck. Bring your family stories about WW 2 to share! Presented with operating funds from S.E. MN Arts Council with funds from Minnesota State Legacy Fund.
- Auditions for Pop-up Plays: “Feelin’ Groovy, Lanesboro 1969” Wednesday, April 5, 5:30-7 p.m. Sons of Norway Lodge, 200 South Parkway, Lanesboro. We need performers of all ages, acting, or singing, or dancing! We provide audition materials, you provide the energy and heart! Minors need to bring parent or guardian.
- “Movies and Stories from Pop-up Plays: WW 2 in Norway, the Home View” Thursday, April 6, 7 p.m. Sons of Norway Lodge, 200 South Parkway, Lanesboro. Free and open to public. Lanesboro’s close ties to Norway brought a special interest in how it fared in WW 2 during the German occupation. Whether you missed the History Alive 2021 show “WW 2 and Beyond” or just want to see it again, come see two scenes on Norway on WW II. Fascinating background stories from our writer and director, Jane Peck. Bring your own stories about Norway and WW II to share! Presented with operating funds from S.E. MN Arts Council with funds from Minnesota State Legacy Fund.
- Pop-up Plays: “Feelin’ Groovy, Lanesboro 1969” Saturday, Sunday & Monday, May 27, 28 & 29, at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Sons of Norway Lodge, 200 South Parkway, Lanesboro. Multiple show sites. Tickets at door. Suggested donation. Experience true events and characters from our town in 1969 as you follow costumed actors to several locations for acting, music and song. Does the turmoil of the era reach little Lanesboro? Could the Beatles, Hall Brothers, or Joan Baez appear? Long hair vs. a buzz, VW bugs vs. tractors, rock vs. choirs, protests vs. farms…and it was the Centennial Anniversary of the town! Produced by History Alive Lanesboro as its eighth original Pop-up Play.
- “Walking in Their Footsteps, A Tour of Early Lanesboro” Ongoing through summer: June 3 and 4, June 17 and 18, July 1 and 2, Aug 5 and 6, Sep 23 and 24, Oct 7 and 8. Saturdays at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sundays at 1 p.m. $10 Start at visitor center and end at the museum, except 5 p.m. tour. Enjoy seeing some of the sights of our historic town while learning about the fascinating events and characters which formed it. 45 minutes. Includes walking three blocks with one small hill.
- “The Ladies’ Business, 1870” Saturdays, Aug 19 and 26, 4 and 6 p.m. Historic Forestville, Preston area. History Alive Lanesboro touring show, adapted to Forestville town history. The first local feminists and professional dedicated women! Tickets and directions through the Minnesota Historical Society, www.mnhs.org/forestville.
We welcome you to view lots of photos and our calendar on our Facebook page, or contact us by email email@example.com with questions or comments.